Wednesday 19 May 2010

Nature baby

Even before we knew we were having a boy, we had planned on a nature theme for our accessories.  I actually even bought some green baskets for storing things a couple of weeks ago, because I was lucky enough to run across them on clearance.  Last weekend, I went to various fabric and craft stores looking for rainforest inspired fabric to make a diaper bag, and just wasn't happy with what I was finding.  I had hoped for something with parrots, monkeys, lizards, and frogs.  No luck.  All these things, I found individually, but none together.  Interestingly enough, the cutest fabric I found was at Wal-Mart of all places.  It's not exactly rainforest inspired, but it does have lizards and frogs!  :)

You may also notice that there's matching yarn, which Celestia is going to make a baby blanket with.  Nana taught her how to crochet, and she's a champ at it!

No comments: