Friday 14 May 2010

Moby Dick

Last night, Jonathan and I went to see the world premier run of a new opera based on Moby Dick.  To be honest, I wasn't sure what to think.  It got wonderful reviews, but something about a bunch of men singing about a whale left me thinking "I don't know about this".  We were definitely pleasantly surprised.  Visually, it was absolutely amazing!  The set was very unique, and included a projection system which projected waves, boats, and sky directly on the stage.
Of course the evening would not be complete without a bit of teasing from Jonathan.  Sometime during the second act, he leans over and whispers "Do you have any make up we could put on me to make me look like I have a black eye?  I think I'm going to tell Chris (his boss) that I suggested you for the part of the white whale!"  It took me a good five minutes to quell the resulting giggling fit from that statement.  I love my silly man!
We always enjoy getting out and spending some time together just the two of us.  I guess we should do that as much as possible in the next few months while we still can!  :)
Momma posing on the balcony at the Winspear before the opera

Daddy lovin' on his babies.  :)

No comments: