Wednesday 3 December 2008

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.




By now, you're probably wondering "what has she been doing in the last month that she can't be bothered to post anything?" The short answer is housework and home improvements. I'm sure you were hoping for something more exotic or glamourous but that, my friends, is the truth. See, I am a terrible housekeeper. I admit it. (Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest!) Most of the time I'm doing good to keep enough laundry washed and the dished cleaned! So, with Jonathan home for almost a whole month we got down to some serious stuff around the house!
The computer desk that Jon had was, as he so aptly put it, past it's due date. It was a hand-me-down to begin with (thank you Jamie & Scott) so it was high time for a new one. One of our Saturdays was spent entirely on building the new one. Actually, to be more accurate, JONATHAN spent an entire day building the desk, and I spent half a day getting a massage and shopping, and the other half helping to build the desk.
I got my daddy a pair of season tickets to the opera for Christmas, so one Saturday was spent doing more shopping, and going to see the Marriage of Figaro.
And now for the kicker... Two months ago my washer broke. Last month was the refrigerator. (that killed another weekend, by the way. I have never thrown away so much food!) This month, on Thanksgiving, my kitchen faucet broke! Yep, there I was, cooking green beans for Thanksgiving dinner, and the faucet starts spewing all over the place! Greatness. We also discovered that the cold water cutoff under the sink doesn't work either. Thankfully, we were able to stop the spewing by disassembling the faucet, so we didn't have to go without water. *sigh* I am now the proud owner of a special tool to turn off the water at the metre on the curb. Yeah, I know you can do it with a wrench, but it happened to be raining the day after Thanksgiving, and I didn't feel like crawling on the wet grass to turn it off. Anyway, I have a beautiful new faucet now that makes it super easy to fill the water basin on my Rainbow vaccuum cleaner. I love it!!! :)

No comments: