Saturday 6 December 2008

And 11 years old!!!








I can’t believe I have an 11 year old! That’s right, 11. Celestia requested a jungle themed bedroom, so we got to go crazy with exotic animals this time. As I searched for decorations that my tweener would not too quickly outgrow, I came across some beautiful blacklight posters with a tiger, and leopard on them. That did it. We were already planning on using bright colours, and these fit the bill, perfectly. I was not able to have Celestia’s bulletin boards finished by her birthday, but she didn’t seem to mind. Daddy picked the fabric for them, and I think he did a GREAT job! I was looking for some cool pink cheetah fabric, but just didn’t like anything that the fabric stores had to offer. I think the black and white print that we ended up with is going to be really fun under the blacklight! We went to The Magic Time Machine for Celestia’s birthday dinner, and everyone had a great time. For those of you who don’t know, all of the servers dress as characters from movies, or cartoons, and act the part. Our waiter for the evening was G.I. Joe, and he was awesome! The girls loved getting to run around the restaurant getting their autograph books signed by all the different characters, and we all left stuffed like little piggy-pies. I think it’s time for me to get serious about walking the dogs more!!! ;o)

No comments: