Wednesday 24 December 2008

Musical fun!





For the last few years, our church has done two children's musicals a year - one in the Spring, and a Christmas musical. The girls look forward to these, and I am also one of the teachers for them. It's such a busy time of year for my family that I am often tired out and frustrated by the practices and commitment, but in the end it's a great time, and this year was no exception. The musical was called the Christmas County Spelling Bee. All the kids learned to spell different names of Jesus, and they did a GREAT job!!!
The Saturday before we performed, the cast had the privilege of appearing in the Anna Christmas parade. This was the girls first time to be in a parade, and I think they enjoyed it very much!
Our church's sanctuary is structurally challenged this year, (meaning the roof is falling in, and it's just not safe!) so everything has been moved into the fellowship hall until it can be rebuilt. The kids had only one rehearsal on the new (MUCH smaller) stage there, and I'm so proud of all forty-some-odd of them for the way they adapted!
The morning of the musical, we arrived for our last quick run-through and pictures. It's certainly a sign of the times when the girls both have their makeup and hair fixed, and Mommy doesn't! I eventually got myself put together, although I think only halfway so for the pics. HA!
Celestia's part in the musical was that of head cheerleader, and she had a nice long solo that she did wonderful with. As Tatiana is only in third grade, and we had over forty children this year, she did not have a named part, but did an AWESOME job with her solo!!! Jonathan said that they're following in their mom's footsteps already. I wonder if I should get them an agent? ;)

1 comment:

JMe said...

Man those girls are beautiful! I miss you guys.