Thursday 2 April 2009

Grrrrrrrrrr

This afternoon, I came home to find this:

The chain that had previously been holding my oh-so-shoddy back gate (many thanks to the subcontractors hired to build the fences here in Oak Hollow!) together had broken.



So, after a trip to Lowe's, out came the trusty power tools (a sincere thanks to Dad Martin for making sure Jonathan has nice power tools!) and the rest of my afternoon was spent installing a new latch in the middle, and two hook and eyes on both the top and bottom of our gate.


SOOOOO glad I'm not the helpless type! ;)

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

love your background! and great job on the fence. I would've google fence a fix man. LOL

M J said...

lol the fences in our subdivision really are the worst! The posts aren't cemented in the ground or anything, so despite the fact that the neighbourhood is only 6-7 years old, ALL of the fences are falling down. It's not the first time we've had to do something like this. :( Thanks on the background. Your blog is awesome! I love all the pics at the top.