Monday 23 March 2009

Not Me!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well folks, this is my VERY FIRST Not Me Monday post! If you don't know who MckMama is, I would encourage you to check out her blog, and especially to pray for Stellan who is in the Pediatric ICU with heart problems as we speak.

Last week was NOT a ridiculously busy week in our household! I did NOT spend all day on Monday looking for a new job, and trying to explain to my the children why Mommy cannot stay home with them. I certainly did NOT discover that I had washed and dried my cell phone in the pocket of my skirt that I wore to church on Sunday. Nope, not me! I did NOT miss several calls from companies who wanted to hire me, because they couldn't be bothered to listen to my voicemail stating that my cell phone didn't work, and they should call me at home.
I did NOT go to an interview for a position that would have paid fabulously only to discover that the person I would be working for wanted someone who was quiet and meek. I certainly did NOT then pray that I would not get that job, because it would have been amazing for my family if I had that salary! I would never be that silly!
I did NOT look up how much it would cost to get braces for Tatiana, and then proceed to lose sleep over it because they're a small fortune and insurance won't pay for a dime! After all, we've faced financial difficulties before and always managed. I am not at all concerned about it. I did NOT very seriously consider sending the girls back to public school because I have come to the conclusion that I'm never going to be able to stay home, and I NEVER lose sleep worrying about how we're going to pay for all that the kids need. Nope, not me.
Last, but not least, I did NOT spend the entire day Sunday feeling nausious. One of my friends did NOT jokingly tell our pastor that it was because I am pregnant (and I am not for those of you who are wondering). I did NOT go outside barefoot to watch the girls roller-blading with Jonathan and step on something poisonious. It did NOT feel like it was on fire and swell up so quickly that I had to go to an emergency clinic and miss watching all the kids in choir find out what parts they had gotten for our spring musical. The doctor did NOT simply give me Benadryl and a prescription for antibiotics and a steroid that he told me I may not need. I would never panic just because some silly thing had stung me and it hurt. Nope, not me! I was NOT a complete moron after I took said Benadryl, and I did NOT remember why I haven't taken anything like that since I was a child.
Thanks for joining me in a few moments of silliness! I think I may like this Not Me! Monday madness! :)

No comments: