Friday 1 January 2010

Twenty-Ten

It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

2009 brought many changes to our family.  As I  predicted last year, it was indeed, a good year.  Some of the changes did not, at first, seem like good ones.  Almost no one really wants to be laid off, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  I thought I would stay home, and then found out some important things about myself...  I have no business trying to run my own business, and I really need a job outside my home, even if it's just a part time one.  I went back to work and that, too has been a blessing for our family.

This was Jonathan's second full year traveling, and we have settled into a routine that works without anyone else locking herself out of the house.  He's still enjoying his job, and it looks like some interesting things could be happening there this year.  We'll be waiting to see!

Both of our girls are now in double digit ages, and Celestia passed me up quite some time ago.  We will continue to homeschool, as we LOVE it, and I am so blessed to be able to have such a direct impact on these beautiful girls' education!

This year, our New Year's Eve was spent playing our latest game from Santa - Ticket to Ride.  We enjoyed staying up late, having snacks, and sparkling pear juice.  At midnight, we toasted the new year with sparkling grape juice, and all kissed each other.  Jonathan may or may not have gotten an extra kiss or two from me!  ;)  I am looking forward to the new year, and all the changes it will bring to our family.  I think there are going to be some good ones!  Bring it on, Twenty-Ten!

No comments: