Saturday 4 October 2008

Let it snow!





As you may know, Jonathan is traveling these days. He has a great job, and loves not being stuck behind a desk all the time. This can, however, lead to some very interesting adventures for me at home. We had our only snowfall of the year in February, while Jonathan was in Long Beach, California. As he loves the snow, and was very sorry to miss it, I slipped on some shoes, and stepped outside at around 10:00 in the evening to take some pictures. I left the house with only my camera, and cell phone. Can you guess what happened next? That's right, I locked the door behind me! Celestia, and Tatiana were spending the night at my parents house, and it was really coming down! I called Jonathan, hysterical and cried "It's snowing outside, and I locked myself out of the house, and you're in California, and I want you to come home!!!!!" I mean really, what was he going to do in Long Beach? I trudged over to my nearest friend's house, with no coat, wearing highly inappropriate shoes, and arrived looking like a drowned rat! We proceeded to try to break into my house. I have discovered, that anyone who wants to get into my home will have to break some glass! I also discovered that very few locksmiths are willing to come to Anna, TX in the middle of a snowstorm, and our fabulous drivers here, park their vehicles in the middle of I75 during a snowstorm. Finally, at 1:00 AM, the very nice man arrived at my home to let me in, and I was able to sleep in my own nice, warm bed for a few hours! Needless to say, I have had several copies of keys made for the house, and given them to various people should this situation ever occur again!
Shivers!
MJ

No comments: