Tuesday 6 July 2010

4th of July fun!

I'll be honest, I'm never quite sure what to do on the 4th of July.  For me growing up, it was always a vacation holiday.  We went to Cozumel.  Ironic, no?  But, we've done our best to try and establish some of our own family traditions with the girls.  Among these are veggie dogs and chips for dinner with ice cream sundaes for dessert, and of course, fireworks!  I will admit that the idea of fireworks this year was incredibly daunting for me.  I knew that I should probably suck it up for the girls sake and go, but the heat has REALLY been getting to me.  I mean we're talking 15 minutes in the sun, and I'm completely wiped out, breathless, and swollen for the rest of the day.  However, some friends invited us to go to the fireworks in Addison that are on the 3rd of July every year, and it was great!  If you live around the Dallas area, you'll know that it rained all day on Saturday, which kept the temperature down and kept Momma cool!  :)
We met for dinner at The Magic Time Machine where Jonathan was silly in sunglasses.
See the Mad Hatter standing up in the background?  I should have gotten a better picture of him.  He was great!  Celestia drank her first glass of soda so quickly that he brought her an extra big one for a refill.  It was one of the metal containers that are usually used to put silverware in on a buffet line.  I should have taken a picture of THAT, too!  :(

After supper, we walked over to Addison Circle where the girls played in the water...
 and we waited for fireworks to start.

We all enjoyed a little funnel cake while they were drying off...

and then the fireworks started.

Everyone had a great time, and I'm so glad we decided to go!  Thanks for inviting us, Alexis!  I can't believe that next year we'll both be families of five!  :)

1 comment:

Mary Bradshaw said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! We heard the fireworks but that was all. I remember our vacations to Cozumel with fondness.
Love, Mom