Thursday 3 December 2009

Sweet Celestia

Twelve years ago today, after thirty-seven long hours of labour, I became a mom.  Never have I been so instantly in love as I was when I held that little six pound, eight ounce sweetheart for the first time.  She was beautiful.  She was perfect.  She was just the sweetest, happiest baby ever!  Really, she was.  I was determined to be the best little mother I could possibly be.  While I've certainly made my fair share of mistakes along the way, I'm proud of the lovely young lady Celestia is growing in to.  I'm so blessed to be able to homeschool her and spend hours a day trying to teach her not only educational fundamentals, but moral principles.  It is my dearest wish that she will grow up and not only be able to follow her dreams, but to learn how to make her sweet, helpful nature work for her.
So today, I just wanted to say thanks, sweetheart.  Thanks for making me a mom, and a better person.  I love you so, so much, and can't wait to see the wonderful things you're going to do with your sweet life!




No comments: