Wednesday 5 October 2011

Birthday boy!

A year ago today, we were in the hospital, having a baby.  Today, we celebrated one whole year with our big boy!  Our birthday tradition of having cupcakes (or brownies) for breakfast started when the girls went to preschool, and we took cupcakes for the class, so this morning, we started the day with a much more normal faire of sweet rolls.
Poor Z, always stuck with girly plates.  The curse of having 2 older sisters!

We played for a bit...

And headed to the park after lunch time to take a walk through the woods...



Where Zachariah stood up by himself for the first time ever in the meditation garden!
 
Let's see, first I'll do "downward facing dog"
It worked!
Can I do it again?  Downward dog...
Squat
I did it!

Then, we enjoyed the rest of the forest trail.




After our romp in the park, we came home, had a big supper...
Love it when this man cooks!  <3
I made sure he got Clifford tonight.  ;)

And opened presents.
But WHY can't I walk around with it and eat the wrapping paper?
I want those linking bugs!!!

Cake was smashed...
When a friend posted pictures of the Lego candy she had made for her kids' birthday, I knew I had to make a Lego cake for Zachariah's first birthday!
They were white chocolate coloured with blueberry.  Yummy!
First bite of candy!
Ooh, what's this?
Decisions, decisions.  Candy? ...
Or cake?
Cake!
This is fantastic!!!
See my tongue?
Finger lickin' good!
That about does it, folks!
And then...
THEN...
He took a bath.
We read his new book.
And snuggled up to nurse.

Because some things don't have to change just because I'm putting a big one-year-old boy to bed instead of an 11 month old.  <3

No comments: