Tuesday 5 July 2011

Coffee CSA

If you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I'm something of a tree-hugger.  And a coffee lover.  And I try to be socially conscious.  Yes, I'm one of "those" people.  You can go ahead and call me a bleeding-heart liberal.  I promise I won't cry.  So when LaRissa spoke to the church about slavery in the world today, I was horrified to think that my coffee could be (and probably was) harvested by people who were not paid a living wage, or in fact, any wage at all.  Yeah, I know.  I probably should have thought of that.  I said I try to be socially conscious, I didn't say I was perfect.  Interestingly enough, Jonathan did not know any of this, as I quietly started buying Fair Trade coffee without saying anything.  He, knowing my love for wanting to save the world in my own small way, sent me this link to a coffee cooperative last week.  I jumped all over it, and we got our first shipment today!

I can't wait to try it out!  :)

No comments: