Monday 16 July 2012

Night weaning, week two!

I've been a picture-taking slacker, so there aren't too many new ones.  Especially of sleeping and nursing! So enjoy some random cute pictures!  lol
Zachariah got his very first sno cone!
Day 8 - Sunday, July 8
Another rough night.  I'm really not sure this is helping me get any more sleep.  If we get to the end of the week and it hasn't gotten any better, we're going to have to do something else.
Little drummer boy!
Day 9 - Monday, July 9
Tonight, I had to work, and Jonathan had JUST managed to get Zachariah to sleep when I walked in the door from work at about 9:45.  Pretty rough, considering that his normal bedtime is between 8:00 and 8:30.  Zachariah slept until 2:30 when he came to bed with us and nursed.  At 5:15, when the alarm went off for Jonathan to go to work, I hit the snooze button a few too many times.  Oops.  When I got up at 6:00 to help get Jonathan out the door, Zachariah woke up and was ready to go.
Bwahahahahaha!  Managed to sneak a shot of Tatiana...  Sort of.
Day 10 - Tuesday, July 10
I worked again.  Zachariah went to sleep easily, and slept until 2:30, when he came to bed with us and nursed.  He woke up for the day at 6:30.  I think this may be the longest block of sleep I've gotten since the end of the second trimester or so of my pregnancy, when I began waking regularly to have to use the restroom.  I could get used to this.
YUM!  Cherry tomatoes!
Day 11 - Wednesday, July 11
I was able to nurse Zachariah to sleep in about 15 minutes or so.  He woke up once about 9:45 and Jonathan bounced him back to sleep.  Again he slept until 2:30 and woke for the day at 6:30.  Three nights in a row!  I sure hope this is going to be a new routine.  I'm feeling like this is a comfortable place for me, and I probably won't try to stretch it to 6 hours at this time.

Day 12 - Thursday, July 12
Last night, I cheated.  I was a super zombie when Zachariah woke up at 12:30 so I brought him to bed.  He woke about every two hours after that point, but went right back to sleep.  I obviously needed the rest, so I'm OK with it.
Necklace fun!
Day 13 - Friday, July 13
Cheating probably set us back a bit.  At 1:30 Zachariah would not go back to sleep without nursing.  I let him slip into bed a half hour early.  He woke up at 4:00 and didn't get back to sleep until 5:30, the stinker.
Yum-o tomato!

Day 14 - Saturday, July 14
I was gone all day long seeing Ina May Gaskin speak SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!  That has absolutely nothing to do with night weaning, except I was super ready to nurse when I did get home at bedtime.  Zachariah went to sleep quite easily and stayed in his hammock until 2:30ish, waking once afterward and was up for the day at 7:00.
 

Bonus! Day 15 - Sunday, July 15
Zachariah came to bed around 2:00 and woke sometime in the night.  I didn't even roll over to see what time it was.  Jonathan snapped some pictures of us snuggling before he went to work.  <3 
This is why I love co-sleeping!  Zachariah burrowed himself under my cheek, and I fell asleep with the sound of his breathing in my ear.  <3

At this point, Z is sleeping so much better that he was before, and I'm no longer perpetually exhausted.  Even with the very, very busy week I had last week, it took until Sunday for it to catch up with me.  I'm pretty consistently getting a good four hour block of sleep, and for now, that's good.  Although we're not up to the full eight hours, I am going to declare partial night weaning a success and leave it at that for now.  :)

No comments: