Sunday 28 July 2013

Toddler Speak

Combine awesome toddler speak with a mom who doesn't have the greatest hearing and sometimes I mishear some pretty funny things.

I heard "I don't want boogers on me."
What he said was "I don't want covers on me."

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what "Super hero sword" was.
It was "Super Hero Squad" (A cartoon)

I thought he asked "Mommy, you get my two red camels?"
What he wanted was "Mommy, you get my two red cymbals?"

Other Zachariah musings:

While pointing a LEGO "sword" at Jonathan "You killed my father, Daddy!"

When laying down to nurse "You have milk, Mommy.  It's yummy milk."

On having a skinned knee "I have skin on my knee.  It's a bad skin."

This afternoon's nap time conversation:
Zachariah: "I don't want blankets, my knee hurts."
Me: "You're silly.  Your knee can't hurt that much." (his knee is almost completely healed)
Zachariah:  "You're silly.  My knee can hurt.  It hurts much and much."

This picture has nothing to do with this post.  Except it's Zachariah.  And he's awesome!  :)

No comments: